Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fastest to the end of my street?

I've wanted to try this for a while...

What is the fastest to the end of my street? Bike, car, or walking?

I expected it to be walk, car, bike in that order - but no.

For each test I started in the hall dressed normally, with all the doors shut.

For the car, go into the garage, open garage door, unlock car, get in, fasten belt, reverse out, shut garage door (using remote), drive to end of street - 54 seconds.

For the bike, go into the garage, open garage door, put bike outside, close garage door, put on helmet and gloves, mount bike, ride to end of street - 1 minute 48.

For the walk, unlock and open front door, close and lock front door, walk to end of street - 1 minute 18.

So the car wins!

The distance is only 110 meters, and I really expected walking to be faster.

I'm sure that if we lived in a dream world, where I could leave the bike unlocked outside, and didn't wear any safety equipment, then the bike would be way faster - in fact I'll give that a try.

Back soon.

Well, yes, the bike is now 39 seconds, a clear winner. Also, it's started to rain.

Interesting!



No comments:

Post a Comment